Baking doesn't have to involve piles of sugar and butter.
These chocolate Zucchini Brownies will satisfy your sugar cravings without the guilt.
We all know chocolate is amazing for you, but you might be surprised that zucchini is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, aiding in weight loss, improving eye health, strengthening teeth and bones and helping to lower cholesterol.
Does that mean these brownies will make you lose weight and have super night vision? You'll just have to eat a whole batch and let us know!
· 1/2 cup apple sauce
· 2 small or medium bananas, mashed
· 1 1/2 cups sugar
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup cocoa powder
· 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
· 2 cups plain flour
· 1/2 cup walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease and flour a 22 x 33 cm baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the apple sauce, mashed bananas and sugar.
3. Add vanilla and cocoa and mix, then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix again.
4. Add flour and walnuts and combine.
5. Spread evenly into a prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
Grab the ingredients downstairs from IGA Romeo's Food Hall.
IGA Romeo's Food Hall