The Anzac Day biscuit is a tradition that we hold dear. Here, we share a healthy alternative.
Baking a batch of Anzac Day biscuits is a wonderful way to reflect on the meaning of this important day, and share a bit of baked love with friends.
1 1/2 cups of quick oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of golden syrup (or another natural sweeter like honey, maple syrup or rice malt)
1 teaspoon vanilla powder (can also use 1 teaspoon vanilla paste)
1 teaspoon of water (more if you feel the mixture is too dry)
All available at Romeo’s IGA
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees. Line your baking tray with paper.
- Place all dry ingredients into food processor and combine.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over a low-medium flame. Add golden syrup and water.
- Pour the warm liquid into the dry ingredients and process again using the food processor. Be sure not to over-process your mixture, as you want a leave a few tasty chunks in there!
- Spoon into balls and place on your pre-lined baking tray. Use the back of a fork to flatten the balls down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, and enjoy with your loved ones!
All of these delicious ingredients and more are available at Romeo’s IGA
at MLC Centre Food Court